Is this the first time you have visited a podiatrist? Well, don’t worry. This handy guide will prepare you for your appointment and help make the most of your time with the foot and ankle expert. Before Your Visit:
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- Call before your visit to tell the office if you have special needs.
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful.
- If your problem involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes with you to the appointment.
During Your Visit:
- Go over your list of questions.
- If you do not understand an answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications.
- Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Describe any allergies.
- Tell your podiatrist if you are pregnant or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Let your podiatrist know if you are being treated by other doctors.
After Your Visit:
- Prepare for any tests your podiatrist orders.
- Ask about what you need to do to get ready, possible side effects, and when you can expect results.
- Ask when and how the test results will be made available to you.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave your podiatrist’s office.
- Call your podiatrist’s office and ask for your test results if you do not hear from the office when you are supposed to.
We are pleased you have chosen to use the Patient Portal to communicate in a secure and confidential manner with your healthcare team.
The new patient and portal registration is free of charge and designed to be a relatively easy process and requires no special software or specialized computer knowledge required.
You will be able to access the portal from any desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
To save you time and maximize your visit with Dr. Aung, please complete the New Patient Packet prior to your appointment. You can complete it online by creating your Aung FootHealth Patient Profile on our secure Patient Portal.
Patient Privacy Notice – HIPAA
This form addresses your rights to the confidentiality of your medical record and usage of the information for the provision health care to you by our office and other providers (under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). In this form, it’s important that you indicate any restrictions to disclosure, as well as to identify family members or others that may be allowed to know information about your medical condition. Additionally, we ask that you advise us of acceptable methods with which to leave messages or provide information to you about your health care.